Friday, November 30, 2012

Another years end brings big Change for our Family

  I have been reflecting on the past three years and all the changes that have taken place in that amount of time. Four years ago if someone had told me what my life would be like today. I probably would've, first laughed in disbelief then crawled into a dark hole and never returned. I wasn't strong enough then to handle the things that I am dealing with today. Sometimes, still the hardest thing to do is to face the world with a painted on smile. But we feel so grateful for all of the blessings that our family has receives. Each day is a gift.
  Reed is still undergoing a "light" form of chemotherapy every three weeks.  He gets really sick during the treatment and for several days to follow. We keep hoping and praying that at some point it will turn things around and he will be able to return to work.
  In the mean time I am doing all I can to prepare for my families future, whatever the outcome may be. I have been accepted into the Paramedic Program at DSC and plan to further my education with a BS in Emergency Medical Services and then continue on to PA school. I still have a really long road ahead of me, but at least I have started the trek. I am in school full-time, and still working as a fire fighter/EMT for the town of Leeds.
  Reed is doing a great job as full-time Dad. I love and appreciate him and the sacrifices he makes for our family. I know he doesn't feel good, but he managed to get up everyday and take care of our family while I am at work and school. I love learning and bettering myself, but I don't like having to spend so much time away from my family.

  We have to say goodbye to our home. This has been really tough for all of us, but we are adjusting and grateful that we found a place to rent. Three bedrooms and 1500 sq-ft will take some getting used to, but will literally bring us all closer.
  Thanks to all of our good friends and family. We love you!

3 comments:

  1. DId you guys find a place here in Leeds Mary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about you a lot Merri! You have always been one of my most favorite people! Thank you for your great example. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold on, the light will come...
    I love you Merri <3 Glen

    ReplyDelete